1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dell optiplex

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bazookafx, Jul 8, 2007.

1. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

does anyone know where i can get a Dell OptiPlex GX620 computer case? just the case, i dont mind if it has a power suply, but i ju8st want the small for factor case. please help if you dont know where to get that specific case, where can i get ANY dell optiplex case? i really want one because they are really nice looking and i need a sideways comp

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I dunno if you can buy JUST the case. But there are a lot of small form factor cases or side cases you can get. Try the Shuttle cases or the Lian Li side cases. They are pretty good. But I don't know if you can get both in one case unless you either custom order it or do a lot of digging around.

As for a Dell Optiplex case. Yes they are very cool. If anything, see if you have a friend with one he can give or see if your local school has any crapped out Dells with the case. I've gotten a lot of goodies from my school computer lab. Cases, PSUs, a couple CRT and LCD monitors that "supposedly" didn't work(bad cords). School computer techs are sometimes stupid and will knock a slight malfunction as irreparable.

3. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

well to my luck, my school actuly has some policy against such a thing, my friend tried the same thing but aparently the school techs think that you can copy inportant school info throught the case itself?! lol. so far ebay is my only hope for the optiplex. I like the Shuttle cases its just i dont wanna buy a new comp and and if i buy a 'barebone' case thats still more than i want to spend, i already have a motherboard/cpu ect.
    Let me know if you know where else to get some sleek computer cases

4. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I think eBay might actually be your best bet...

But if you're just looking for small form factor you can find a few good ones... here:

Very small side case from Apex:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154061

Baby Coolermaster Centurion:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119088

Or if you just want a regular case:

Coolermaster Centurion 5 (I have this one but it's not in use ATM):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119077

Sunbeam Silent Storm(I own this one and love it):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811166030

I wonder though, are you limited on space? Or are you just wanting a smaller case? Is it because you have a Micro ATX board? Because you can put those in big cases too.

5. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

you see, my monitor, mouse and keyboard rest on a glass topped coffee table, and my computer sits to the side of the table. I would like to be able to place my computer in the second layer of the coffee table. So yes size is a factor

6. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Then the first one I showed you should be good. But I warn that a Micro ATX case will only fit a Micro ATX motherboard...

7. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

well im thinking about upgrading to an ATX motherboard that uses and AMD so i should be good

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

get a clone case as most namebrands' wiring connector(s) will most likely have to be modified. also most namebrands don't have reset button.

9. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

If you upgrade it's going to HAVE to be Micro ATX for that case. ATX and Micro ATX are two different sizes just so you know.

I don't want you ending up with parts that don't fit if I can help.