1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell PC to HDMI input on TV

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by billinvt, Mar 27, 2007.

1. billinvt

billinvt Member

Hey. I don't know the technical jargon to ask this question correctly so please excuse me.....I have a Dell PC I want to connect to my HiDef TV. The tv has two HDMI inputs one of which is used. I assume I need a VGA (from the PC) to HDMI cable. Does this type of cable exist or do I need to jury-rig something? Any thoughts or concerns I should be aware of? Thanks.....

2. kg2

kg2 Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  3. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

Go to www.monoprice.com

4. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

you best bet if your PC does not have DVI output, is to upgrage your GFX card to one that does. (you should be able to get a S/H one from ebay if your on a budget) and then get a DVI to HDMI cable. this will give you by far the best picture. also if you card does not have DVI out it could do with a upgrade anyway.

5. billinvt

billinvt Member

Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to try a vga to DVI adapter with a DVI to HDMI cable first as I can borrow the components from a friend. If that does not work I will look into a card with DVI output. Thanks again....I'm finding this site quite interesting and educational.

6. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

This will not work. VGA is analog and DVI to HDMI is digital. You need a DVI video card or even better one of the newer ones that have both. Look on www.newegg.com for a great value.