1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell pocket dj 5GB

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by momhoener, Aug 5, 2007.

1. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

I got this little guy a couple years ago and had no problems what so ever. Well then the battery won't charge so what do i do. I erase the firmware through the restore by accident. Now i can get it detected by my computer but after deleating the firmware your supposed to reinstall by hooking it up to a computer and using the upgrade program. Well my computer see's the dell pocket dj. but music match, the upgrade program, windows media and nothing what so ever can seem to find it even though it's docked. If you have any suggestions they would be extremely appreciated. and by the way the battery all of a sudden decides to charge after a few hours.

2. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

ok so i called dell and they won't even replace it for me because it is like 2 days over the year warranty. any ideas?

3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i had a dell dj and after 2 years the battery just wouldnt work. after a certain amount of time the lithium ion batteries will crap out and not work. it is a problem of lots of devices not just the dj. so it would be cheaper to buy a new one. i would sugest upgrading to a new player like an ipod or a zune.

4. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

k took ur advice and threw the thing out i'm just going to keep my trusty ipod