1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2805 Receiver

Discussion in 'Audio' started by leninator, Jan 4, 2005.

1. leninator

leninator Guest

I recently purchased a Denon 2805 and have made it thru the hookup process OK. I just discovered one problem that may or may not need correcting. When my receiver is set to DVD and the DVD player/recorder is on but not playing a DVD/CD the speakers emit a hiss. I use a Toslink for the audio and have gone over the amp setup several times to make sure everything is OK. When I play a CD, just before the music starts and the CD is spooling up, the hissing disappears and does not effect the playback audio. When I stop the CD, the hissing returns. The same thing happens when I switch the amp's input select to VCR which uses an analog hookup. I have not used banana plugs on the speaker wires, they are Monster 16 guage. I've tried using Direct Pure and Diect but it has no effect. Any sugestions? I'd appreciate any help.

2. shokhead

shokhead Member

Send Denon an e-mail.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

take it back and exchange it for a new one

4. leninator

leninator Guest

I contacted Denon and their tech said its coming from the analog outputs on the DVD recorder and that I should short some RCA jacks by soldering a piece of wire from the ctr to the outer ring and plugging the analog outputs on the recorder. He had heard of this problem before just not with the 2805 yet. I'll let you know if it works.