1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

departed,zoom, marie antoinette

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jt71, Feb 9, 2007.

1. jt71

jt71 Guest

had no problems with the departed only used shrink. zoom and marie antoinette needed anydvd and clonedvd they worked perfect

2. cartjunky

cartjunky Member

Cool. I can't wait for those two.

3. backthisp

backthisp Member

only problem that i seen with doing this method is if you try to use your backed up disk to put on another computer is shink will not read disk. So you will have to use clonedvd again. I tried it last night with these results.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  4. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

^^ Are you saying Shrink won't recognize the copied disc on another computer? If so, that's attributed to the media.

If you're talking about the original copy, that's a different story.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@backt

You wouldn't need to use Shrink on that backed up disc made with Shrink. It's already Shrunk. You could copy it with a variety of programs: ImgBurn, Decrypter,Nero Burning Rom, even bad ole Roxio will do it.

6. backthisp

backthisp Member

the dvd stucture is not readable you can watch the movie, open it with clone dvd but still can open it with dvd shink because you need to change the dvd structure with vts fix. so the best way to back it up so that you can use your copy is to take the original and rip it with ripit4me, then dvd decrypter, then vtsfix, and then shink has nothing to do with the media the media is perfect

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm still confused as to why you would want to use any encoder again. So you use AnyDVD and Clone to back up a disc, and you're saying on another pc that shrink won't open the disc? You've already shrunk the files to fit on the 5gb disc. Who cares if Shrink won't open it. If all you need do is copy the disc, there are many programs that'll copy an unprotected 4.7gb disc. I either use NeroRecode or Shrink and occassionally CloneDVD all in conjucntion with AnyDVD. I have had no problem copying any copy EVER. I've even used ripit4me and fixvts and decrypter and Shrink and ultimately burning with nero or imgburn. I'm not faulting the process, it's excellent, but requires too many mouse clicks for me. After Setting recode up to do movie only. 3-4clicks to start my program and with two burners I come back in 15" to over an hour depending on how long the movie is and all that compression it needs, and I have a copy.

8. mixwell

mixwell Guest

the departed rips fine with DVD shrink. Marie antoinette would not show up on dvd shrink, so i ran it through DVD fab decrypter first, then through dvd shrink, and it worked fine. btw, the new DVD fabdecrypter is FABULOUS. new easy look, free, and it's the place i have always turned for films that will not download on DVD shrink. anyone know why that is? when the film's main files will NOT show up in dvd shrink? is it the Sony ARCCOS write-pretection?

9. Hathcock

Hathcock Member

I used DVDFab to create a full backup, then mounted the ISO with Daemon. I was then able to used DVD Shrink at will. No problems after that.

10. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Ripit has updated the process and after one click (Using the one click mode) it lands you in Shrink. There may be two more clicks after that. It is getting better and better with each revision. It used to be that one click mode was in fact 5-6 click mode. They have fixed that...lol...

I have any and clone, but I only use it if I am in a hurry. It has upchucked on me a few times, but usually resolves with their updates. It is great for a beginner and is generally faster, but I still find ripit more reliable.

Oh yes, the reason Shrink cacks on it's own is that it has not been updated in a few years now. Programs like DVDFab and Ripit4me have made it a very popular program still. These newer programs will rip the movie so shrink can read it. Shrink will still rip some but not the newer ones on it's own.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@kitty

Old shrink does departed all by its lonesome.

12. slab

slab Member

Do you think they outsmart themselves sometimes and the old simple stuff
    starts working again? lol

13. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

@garmoon, you know I had heard of such things. That is why I went on a search for it a few days ago. People have also been having good results with the NEW AnyDVD and the OLD Shrink. That's what prompted said search. What is the major difference in encoding?? I was advised that the old shrink was not as good at retaining quality but I have not tested it yet.

@slab - Now this...hmmmm...Sometimes perhaps the old methods are forgotten and overlooked in the new encrypting processes????? That's the only theory I may have.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@kitty and slab

I think that they have almost given up on most DVDs. There's not one I've had in my hand that I could not back up! DMRs are just eating their profits up. The average Joe's still not going to be able to backup and they are in the majority. Last night I even did Grudge 2 a Sony pic with Recode and AnyDVD a combo for sometime, would not work well for their dvds. I use Recode over shrink always if Recode will open disc. I just do movie only and It's easier than Shrink for me. Recode is a little faster too.

15. cartjunky

cartjunky Member

I was pleasantly surprised Marie Antoinette(movie only) fit onto a single-layer without compression. :)