1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktop clock with date

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Joe1B, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Joe1B

Joe1B Member

Hi, could anybody recommend a desktop clock with date that I can download to replace my XP one as its not very clear. I have searched the web and have seen some but not sure if free ones come with spyware etc, so a recommended clean one would be good,

thanks

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I have been using TClock Lite for about a year and have had no problems. Found it over at techsupportalert which has a lot of freeware suggestions.

Mine is set to display day of week, date, time-showing seconds and I have adjusted the font to a larger size (old age) and adjusted the background colors behind the date and tray icons. Also have removed the start button and access start menu by clicking on date. Very easy to use (help file is not much help-but easy to figure out)and small.

http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclocklight/index.html

3. Joe1B

Joe1B Member

Hi jeffw224, I was recommended TClock Lite yesterday but when I downloaded it (from the same site you suggested) my Windows Defender Antispyware flagged it as a nastie, the bloke who recommended it said that would happen but to ignore it but old paranoid me got rid of it:-/. I'll have a search and see if I can find some info on the spyware alert being a false alarm and if so I'll give it a go.

Thanks

4. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

It is odd that I did not get that even though I had Defender. But apparently a good number of people do.

This is what Gizmo at techsupportalert says:

"Note that you might get a warning from your security software that TClock is potential spyware. It's not. It's just picking up the fact that it modifies explorer.exe to display the clock"

5. Joe1B

Joe1B Member

I'll give it a go I think, thanks jeff.

6. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

7. Joe1B

Joe1B Member

Thanks for your time jeff, I'll give it a go:)