1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Desktop Issue

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by wenpeek, Aug 6, 2015.

1. wenpeek

wenpeek Member

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area or not so please forgive me if I'm wrong. I have a desktop PC that runs Windows 7 and a couple of weeks ago something happened with my electric in my apartment that made it go off then came right back on. Well, since then I can't get my desktop to come back on. I noticed that the light on the power button is yellow/gold color and the only thing that happens is I hear the fan running and that's about it. Nothing comes up on the monitor and that's all it does. Is my desktop "dead" and now I'm just S.O.L.? I've never had this happen before. And before you ask, yes everything was plugged into a surge protector at the time. :D

Thanks for your time.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

disconnect the desktop power cord, press & hold the desktop power button for 20 seconds, reconnect the power cord & press the power button. try cleating the cmos as have found that to work sometimes to kickstart a stubborn system. try another psu.

3. wenpeek

wenpeek Member

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.