1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detailed soft mod tutorial for newbs

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by m0dnewb, Apr 1, 2007.

1. corn

corn Guest

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I must know of over 200 softmod tutorials. Azzidreign's one is the most comprehensive, but unfortunately the rest of the thread is full of questions from people who can't read the instructions.

I'm happy to post other useful technical info in this thread, but really all xbox tutorials are obsolete, just like the console.

Most sites have withdrawn support for "how do I" posts now. There hasn't even been a dash update for xbmc in 6 months..just a few new skins.

3. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

corn no disrespect but i never said it was the most detailed tutorial out there....i was just sick of seeing the same posts "how do i softmod i have read lots of tutorials.."

i helped people with this and now they are happy and thats all i care about and im still making improvments

4. Dwrek21

Dwrek21 Member

this might sound stupid can i save actual games onto my xbox hd when i have the soft mod?

5. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

Dwrek21 thats far from a stupid question since its not your fault nobody has told you..

but yes softmod allows you to play backup games from burned disks and from your hard drive..

I Recommend using something called DVD2XBOX...google the download then FTP it to your xbox apps folder....if you need more help with all that i would be glad to teach you.

6. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

UGG MODERATORS why did janrocks get banned?! she was good at helping people out!

7. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

I'm pretty sure she requested it.

8. Dwrek21

Dwrek21 Member

ok cool i think i might replace my hd with a 120 gig or somethin like that would that mess up the xbox?

9. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

10. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

no it wont mess it up as long as you do it right. try to study it up before you do it. its not as easy as just unplugging the old one and putting in the new one.