1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Determining if a vob is corrupt?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gregmcc, Feb 26, 2004.

1. gregmcc

gregmcc Member

First posted this to the incorrect group - lets hope I get more luck here :)

I've used dvd decrypter in file mode to read a scratched dvd and write the data to my hdd. Using powerdvd the file plays fine - on one of the vobs I notice there is a line of corrupted pixels (due to the scratched dvd and decrytper skipped the sectors it couldn't read)

Its not too bad of a corruption and u can hard notice it.

I would like to shrink this files down to a dvdr....but do u think I can do it.

dvdshrink complains when its encoding, dvd2one also bombs out at the same place with "the logical block number does not match with the actual position in the file"

I presume its gotta do with the corruption in the vob.

How do I go about shrinking this down to a dvdr now? Does the vob need to be repaired? How do I go about doing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You can use Shrink in the reauthor mode once the movie is analyzed so you might try this, its not perfect but it works:
    Use the preview window and the start/end feature to play the movie up to the bad spot, then go back a few frames. Back this portion up to your hard drive. Then repeat this process on the "other side" of the problem and then back this portion up also.
    You now have the movie split in two on your hard drive, in two folders without the error.
    Use Shrink in the reauthor mode to create a compilation using both folders (using the file browser).
    You can watch the results in Shrink's preview window and see what the end results will look like.
    Burn this compilation to one DVD. It should play OK, just a bit of a jump where the missing frames are.

Cheers,
    Frank