1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deus Ex update on Disc, safe to update dash ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mega123, Aug 23, 2011.

1. mega123

mega123 Regular member

Hey,

Problem, Deus Ex: Human revolution doesn't allow me to play (I installed on the HDD) because it asks for an update.

I'm on 2.0.9199.0 Dashboard, and I have a Lite-on DVD drive, I believe 1.1 or 1.7LT flashed (the one that ignores waves). I can only tell you the last major game release I had no problem with was Two worlds 2, released on November 2010, PAL. The next game was this one released like 2 days ago and it doesn't work. Gives me an update request.

Updating from the DISC questions
    1) Is it safe to update if one day I want to get a mod-shop to install LT 2.0+ in the future ? Something to do with extracting the keys problem.
    2) Will it still allow me to play FABLE 3 and HALO Reach after the dashboard update backed up and original ?
    3) Will it allow me to play non-ap25 games ? Ergo all my original and backed up disks ?

Thank you.

I DO NOT care for ONLINE/LIVE. My console is STRICTLY offline. I have never taken it online ONCE.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Depends on what dash it updates you to. If it is a system update. Are you sure it's not a game update? You will probably have to update your dash then the FW

3. VITAL715

VITAL715 Member

Can someone please reply if they find out what dashboard the deus ex updates to?

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

I am on current dash and game boots fine but I wouldn't waste your time. Terrible game

5. mega123

mega123 Regular member

Ok, so I updated through the Deus Ex Game Disc. It updates me to I guess the newest Dash. I can still play my backed-up games, but guess what, because my LT is not the latest, I have now been flagged for chucking in an AP2.5 idiotically thinking it was already patched (I know it still wouldn't of played without LT 1.9+).

Though like I said could careless of being banned on LIVE, don't even play on LIVE, never connected it to the internet not now, not ever.

Thing is, will this bite me back in the butt now that I'm flagged if I want to update to LT 2.0+ ? And one day have to update my Dash again ?

Please answer.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  6. VITAL715

VITAL715 Member

Are you sure it's the newest dash? Because wouldn't that have reflashed your firmware??

7. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

It's not the newest dash. It's a wave 11 game. Even the 1 wave 12 game that's out doesn't update the 360 to the very latest dash. Whichever dashboard version it is, it's obviously updated the AP2.5 tables though and that's what's caused the console to be flagged.

As for whether it will come back to bite you in the ass, who knows? The next dashboard update might have even stronger anti-piracy measures in it - in fact, I'd be very surprised it it doesn't, but whether that will affect already flagged consoles or not, nobody can say.

8. vister

vister Member

nevermind

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  9. Jamie3213

Jamie3213 Member

I'm on the 31599 dash and the game boots fine, i'm not positive but I had a look on the Team Xecuter forums and it seems that it updates to the 13146 dash. Like I said though i'm not certain and the 13599 dash locks the slim Liteon drives (not sure if there is a fix for this at the moment - my Xbox 360 is PHAT). Sorry I can't be any more help than that.