1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

devhook....3.03 oe-ab..etc....

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jestah57, Jan 16, 2007.

1. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

Theres so many new things to do to pimp your psp, has anyone wrote a faq/guide that details the pros and cons of each thing, or what each thign does and doesnt do,...firmware emulators, devhook, custome firmware, etc....

I currently use devhook 0.46 and was wondering which is the next direction to take, but with so many options, I have to wonder which is best for what...

I am at 1.5, and have to say that playing ISO's is way cool, but its also good to be able to do the homebrew stuff, emulators, Doom, Sudoku, stuff like that....and now theres the "popstation" or PS1 emulator, which id like to learn more about....can anyone guide me in the next evolution of my PSP?....

thanks in advance...and sorry if I sound n00bish.

2. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

3.03 oeb is the best way to go if u want to play ps1 game and iso .

3. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

3.03 oeb. so what makes that better than say, devhook 0.52? what makes it worse?...does this make sense? I just want to know all the options before I make a choice...(and go looking for an appropriate faq/guide ;)

4. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

You can only play PSX games on 3.03OE custome firmware, you canplay ISO's straight from the memory stick, no need to to run devhook. Homebrew straight from the memory stick and you get all the functionality of 3.03 too.

Quite why anyone wouldn't upgrade is beyond me. You still get people saying they will stik with devhook, but that makes no sense to me. But each to their own I suppose.

5. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

@ggbarnum...so you say that 3.03 oeb can do everything devhook can do and more?....but 3.03oeb is not actual firmware right?....i start with my 1.5 then install all this oeb stuff?

6. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

yes 3.03OEB is firmware. It is custom firmware created by Dark Alex. It is a fusion of 3.03 and 1.5, it gives you the functionality of 3.03 with all perks of 1.5

Yes you need to be at 1.5 to install it. I think the order is something like install 3.03OEA, upgrade to 3.03OEA' then upgrade to 3.03OEB, but follow a guide for the full instructions.

7. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

thanks gg...i think you and a couple other threads sold me on 3.03 oeb....can u possibly point me to a solid guide for the process?...and maybe a good psx/popstation, whatever its called faq?

8. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

9. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

The only reason I didn't wanna upgrade from DH 0.46 cause I had no interest in playing PS1 games at the time, now that has all changed, since I upgraded to 3.03OE-B (thanks to guano) but yea there is no need to upgrade if you're not interested in PSX games... I kinda liked those DH customs gui's though.

10. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

THANKS TO YOU BOTH! just one more question....I will still be able to play my UMD's right?...i only have umd's that go up to 2.71. and whats this ive been reading that some psp games are choppy, and freeze...is this an artifact of the custom firmware? or does it not happen to everyone? I just want to be sure before i go through the steps...sorry, that was more than one question....

11. watever1

watever1 Member

Can I upgrade from the offical sony fw 2.71 to 3.03OE-B. Thanks.

12. coolman2

coolman2 Member

Yes, you can. whether you have a TA-082 system or not, but first you would have to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to 3.03 OE-A and then upgrade to 3.03 OE-B if you want but there isn't much difference between these two CFs.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  13. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

no. do some research and read the stickies

14. tazman76

tazman76 Member

I'm still a noobz and already succeded making my 2.71 PSP with ta-082 into 3.02oeb. But I still get confused how to play ISO. Where to put the ISO files?
    Could you explain to me, what do you mean by saying that we can play ISO right from the memory stick?

15. 10spro

10spro Member

Here's where some people get confused I guess. Some say that you can upgrade from 2.71, some say no. I am sold on the OE thing I guess, but I'd like to know first if it's advisable to upgrade to 3.02OE first and then to 3.03. Or can you just jump into 3.03 OE-A? I am currently running devhook 0.51, 3.02 FW.

Thanks.

16. xoxkenny

xoxkenny Member

there is a 3.03oe-c, i was wondering which is better 3.03 A B or C.

17. bakker

bakker Member

I think what people mean is that you can upgrade to Dark_Alex's 3.0x OE from 2.71 SE.

Revision C (3.03 OE-C) is an upgrade. They're all upgrades (Revisions A, A', B, C), and C is the latest.

18. xoxkenny

xoxkenny Member

i know c is the latest but which is better. Im just asking for ppl opinion or feel i get some ppl saying A is better and some ppl saying B is better. So i wonder which 1 i should stick with or just use the new C version.

19. ikillau

ikillau Guest

yes please make a guide as with the other stickies , im really confused i have a 2.8 and i want to update to one of the 3.03 oe a b c or the 3.02 oe a bc versions and i dont know which is the best

20. xoxkenny

xoxkenny Member

im worrie becaus i was told once u on 3.03 b u cant go back to 3.03 a or 3.02 a or b. So i want to get the best 1 so i dont want to go, damn it i should of went with blah blah blah.