1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

devhook/cheatdevice help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sweeneyco, Nov 10, 2007.

1. sweeneyco

sweeneyco Member

Can anyone explain very clearly and relatively simply how to install the cheatdevice for VCS? Do I need devhook? I have version 3.71 on my psp and wouldn't like to downgrade or generally mess about with the psp too much.

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Well since you're on 3.71 then you have to downgrade or go to 1.50/2.71 HEN-D/CFW. No other options other then a pandora's battery.

3. sweeneyco

sweeneyco Member

Are either of those options relatively safe? I dont have a spare battery or magic memory cards.

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

I would say it's relativley safe... pandora has 0% chance of bricking so yeah..

5. guano

guano Regular member

Also, once you have custom fw installed, you can just use the Cheat Device prx file for whichever game you like. (Activate thru recovery, place in seplugins in ms0) There's one for GTA: LCS and also GTA: VCS.

Go here to find out more.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  6. sweeneyco

sweeneyco Member

OK, so if I get 3.71 M33, then the kernel thingy to get it to run like 1.50,then could I install devhook work(instead of downgrading it)?