1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

devhook fw installer

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by psp4ever9, Mar 13, 2007.

1. psp4ever9

psp4ever9 Member

if any1 has any problems installing the firmware, its a hair-splitting task, like trying to nail jello into a tree, use a fw installer. but, every1 here know that
    and if ur using HEN-D set the background to a BMP and it should load better, or reinstall hen, just delete the hen files on the memorystick, and copy them over again.

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

It doesn't load "better" it just has higher chance of not freezing. Same with enabling HEN-D.

3. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

it happens by luck mate' :)

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You sure? Because with a background image it always loads, and with the XMB wave its a 50/50 it seems. Your probably right though, just i never had problems when i had a background.

5. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

i encountered a lot w/ a background :D

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

What type of background was it? .bmp or .jpg? I find when i had a .jpg one it always worked.

7. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

jpg and bmp

8. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Strange.. well i guess HEN is kind of a thing of the past now, i got over the HEN crap and im enjoying my 3.03 OE-C with a custom theme. Which i semi-bricked my PSP 5 times now.. but its working fine now.

9. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

yeah. good thing that i don't need to use those hen. they really are a pain in the ass. :D

10. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Tell me about it.. having to swap the UMD disc in and out was just dumb. That and every once in a while the ISO/CSO won't load then your system shuts off and you have to re-load HEN and devhook AGAIN. Very annoying, but safe.. downgrading a lot less scarey also.