1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devicehook

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Pyrostorm, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Pyrostorm

Pyrostorm Guest

Is there a way for me to have a 1.50 psp and play 3.03 games with a device hook? If there is can u tell me were i can get it and some instructions hoe to install it. Thanks

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

Forget devhook...its old. Use custom firmware... easy installers are in the mod and firmware discussion section stickies

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah firmware 1.5 and DevHook are old busted, OE firmwares are the new hotness.

4. Pyrostorm

Pyrostorm Guest

Since OE firmwares are the new hotness what do they do and were can I get the latest version? Will i still have my 1.50 psp

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Custom Firmwares are essentially a mixup of Sony's official firmwares and the homebrew capabilities of firmware 1.5. For example, on a 1.5 PSP you can't use the internet, you need DevHook to play any of the new games, and homebrew could brick your PSP. With a custom firmware you can play your homebrew and PSP game backups, no need for DevHook as you can load game .iso's right from the game menu just like a actual UMD disc, and you have all the features of Sonys official firmware like PS1 gaming and internet, and if you should happen to brick your PSP you can save it most of the time! I will post a link to the files to help you upgrade to a custom firmware. But first I have to questions to help figure out which custom firmware is best for you, would you rather have better PSP/XMB customizing options or better PS1 gameplay?

6. Pyrostorm

Pyrostorm Guest

PSP/XMB customizing options and better PS1 gameplay what are they? It sounds like devichook is best what is the latest version? I need links and instruction Plz.

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

PSP/XMB Customizing - You can customize your PSP's backgrounds, icons, sounds, nearly anything.

PS1 gaming - Simply stated you can play playstation 1 games on the PSP.

Also with custom firmware it is easy to recover your PSP should some bad homebrew brick it.

I am having a hard time describing the pros/cons of custom firmware because I am not sure what you want to do with your PSP. Ask anybody on any site and I guarentee all will say to got with a custom firmware, it is better in every way than DevHook.