1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devil May Cry 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by o2012o, Apr 12, 2005.

1. o2012o

o2012o Member

Trying to play dmc 3 with a 3.3 swapmagic w/slidecard. I have a version 1 PS2. It loads excessively slow and takes forever to get from menu to menu (like 5 mins). Anyone have any idea why?

2. allexo45

allexo45 Guest

I use da swapmagic 2.0 dvd version and i finish the game with no problem,try to download the cdloader or dvdloader at

http://www.swapmagicfix.com

3. Trainp

Trainp Member

You dont need any special proceddures for DMC3...i made a copy and used both swap magic 2.0 and 3.3 and i dont experience any long load times like the way ua re describing...did u burn it at lowest speed possible? what program did u use? etc etc

4. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

you have old ps2, try cleaning lens first.and use dvd-r,old ps2 have trouble with dvd+r.and by the way there is a rumor that v1 ps2 can play backups without swap magic, can yours?

5. o2012o

o2012o Member

How do I clean the lens?

6. allexo45

allexo45 Guest

with a dvd cleanlaser,i have the philips and the laser work very good,try to download again the game because your game must be possibly damaged.

7. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

well you might not be able to find that particular cleaner.since you have v1 you dont have to worry about the warranty.you could clean the lens with a cotton swap and alcohol.i can tell you how if you are interested.its always fun to take things apart,as long as you can put it back together right.but dont worry its easy and its free if you got a cotton swap and some rubbing alcohol that is.

and yes i have done this to my ps2(how doyou think i know how to do it).it wouldnt read anything butps2 games(no dvds,cds,etc..)but now reads everything fine.