1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

devil may cry freeze

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by onlyatry, May 8, 2007.

1. onlyatry

onlyatry Member

so ive been trying to resolve an issue with the game freezing. it always freezes at the warning screen where dante breaks it. it freezes before it shows him. if you don't skip it, it gets stuck and the time to skip it is like 1-2 seconds at best, so i generally have to just keep jamming on the start button. is it because of its large TOC making rips and burns inperfect? the game has been burnt on taiyo yuden 8x -r and the reading method is through swap magic 2.0. there are no other issues with the game other than this. is there a way to remedy this?

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

It could very well be the Version of SM that you are using.
    With Version 2 of SM , one had to use cdloader or cogswap to get some games to play properly.

I have SM 3.8 and can play the 2 latest Devil May Cry with no problems at all.

3. onlyatry

onlyatry Member

ahh i see. ive had no problems with my devil may cry 3 burn and i never play 2 so dont really feel like taking the effort to rip and burn a copy. ive also tried booting it with cdloader even though it wasnt listed as a fix on swapmagicfix and it didnt fix it either. i guess ill just buy another copy of the game itself if i can still find it since thatll be less expensive than getting a new swap magic.