1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexter season 1

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by godzillla, Oct 4, 2007.

1. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

I can not back up my dvd box set of Dexter season 1. Each dvd has a playing time of 3 hours 30 min or so. When I use Rip it for me it says there's not enough memory in the storage folder or sumn like that. when i use DVD clone it shirnks it down to 48% and I get a message saying that it will not allow me to burn a dvd under 50%. All I really want is the episodes I dont need the extras. How do i just get the episoeds off the dvd and burn them into a dvd? thanks

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

doing episode DVDs are a little more involved than just ripping a movie and encoding to a DVD5! you can follow this guide for episode DVDs:
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/Making a episode DVD with DVD Shrink.pdf

I do episode DVDs differently......... I rip to the hard drive using DVDDecrypter or AnyDVD ripper!~ Then I use a program called DVDRemaker Pro...... this program takes out the unwanted things like Warning screens and uwanted Menu buttons and unwanted Director Comments and stuff like that...... then I import it to a folder..... where I use DVDRebuilder Pro which will encode the final folder to a DVD5 and use ImageBurn for burning! the best quality you can get! So you see there are many ways you can do things..... you just have to find out what's right for you!

3. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

thank you for the suggestion however that link is not working. can yuo resend it or (I hate to ask) provide me step by step instructions. I have Nero 7 ultra and use nero burning rom to make dvds, dvd decrypter, shrink, and clone dvd. I have a trial version of anydvd but im not quite sure what it does. what programs do i need.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member