1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dialup DL'able Linux

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Andrew691, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

I was wondering if anyone knows of any smaller linux distro(that woks on PS3)? I'm stuck with dialup so DL'ing YDL or any other distro thats several GB's isnt really an option.

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Do you have anyone with an open wireless connection in your area??? If so use that.... Really I dont know of any that isnt going to take you just as long as dl'n YD......Gentoo is bout 1.5g.. YD and Fedora are bout 3.xxg....I been sitting here trying to find you the smallest distro.. Gnome seems to be the smallest.. 640g +/-

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  3. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

I wish someone had a wireless connection, but as I'm rural no one in the area has anything better than dialup. Luckily I'm moving in a few months I should then be able to get something better but thats a while away and I wanna get Linux happening quick(and if I still cant get it then I'll get a Wireless Card for my laptop, have been after one of them for a while). I could get Gentoo as I can leave my PC online all night and generally get 80-100mb a night but that would still take nearly a month :(

I might have to go for a wardrive through town looking for a connection, worst case scenario I'll just have to go to a WIFI hotspot somewhere and pay for a few hours connection.

4. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Just found a minimal install CD of Gentoo at 140MB I should be able to have it fairly soon. Have just found a list of all PPC linux distros so Im gunna have a look into each of them.

5. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Just found a minimal install CD of Gentoo at 140MB I should be able to have it fairly soon. Have just found a list of all PPC linux distros so Im gunna have a look into each of them.