1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diamond vision dvd player?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by sfxgeek, Jan 18, 2005.

1. sadlac

sadlac Member

Does anyone know if Diamond has a model that can be used in Europe? I'm assuming this system is only compatible with North American outlets.

2. stansoltz

stansoltz Member

well, since it plays both NTSC (north america) and PAL (europe), i'd assume you could buy one of these and just get power converted when you get to europe to plug it into your funky wall outlets

3. sadlac

sadlac Member

Is it possibly that easy? Wouldn't there be a conversion incompatibility?

4. xxxsidxxx

xxxsidxxx Member

no conversion needed except electrical dongle that takes North American 110 to UK standard...they are pretty cheap...

as it plays PAL disc out of the box, the only thing you may need to do is apply the region free hack...this is easily done...read up a little in this thread, and you will find how...

5. sadlac

sadlac Member

Do you mean a transformer? Or are you just talking about the cable end thingy that hooks into the wall outlet?

6. xxxsidxxx

xxxsidxxx Member

yep, transformer

7. hyper1s

hyper1s Member

Hope somebody can help me. I have the 803-04 version since Christmas and have had few problems, the worst being having a difficult time getting some dvd's to "settle" and read properly. Today, it is rolling on the screen. The sound is fine, but the picture rolls. I tried a new connector, but that wasn't the problem. Any suggestions?\\

Thanks

8. sadlac

sadlac Member

Where did you buy it? Could you not return it for another one? If it was at a place like Walmart you should have no problem at all.

9. markheth

markheth Member

The company has excellent support as well. I'm sure if you call them, they will help you out.

10. hyper1s

hyper1s Member

Thank you. I did call them and they are more than willing to take it and repair it. Now the real challenge is finding the receipt!

11. xxxsidxxx

xxxsidxxx Member

where do you live? I think my wife has our reciept put away somewhere...if so, i'll mail if your close by...

12. awstore

awstore Member

Does anyone get the Diamond Vision DVDC803-04 Multi-Region DVD Player? Does it work as good as 803-03 model? What's the difference between them? Thank you.

13. sadlac

sadlac Member

Some had told me the difference was simply the colour. One is a black unit, the other is silver.

14. dh1963

dh1963 Member

Hello everyone, I also have this player but it recently started showing a black and white scrolling screen. Since reading this thread I've found out this player also works for PAL DVD's. The screen it's showing exactly looks like a PAL screen. I've lost my manual and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way of getting it back to NTSC?
    Thanks

15. stansoltz

stansoltz Member

well, i think i posted the multi-region code above, so do that code and choose any region...

16. jenclau

jenclau Member

I bought a DVD player (Diamond Vision) at walmart and it already doesn't work. I only had it for about 4 or 5 months. The book says DVD805-03, DVD805-04. Now I have to buy another one.

17. pp1

pp1 Guest

There is a common problem. Some how you press some key in remoter, then the dvd become PAL output. using 0 region code and reset defaut can not solve this problem. does someone can help me change back to NTSC output?

18. pp1

pp1 Guest

There is a common problem. Some how you press some key in remoter, then the dvd become PAL output. using 0 region code and reset defaut can not solve this problem. does someone can help me change back to NTSC output?

19. pp1

pp1 Guest

20. spitchz

spitchz Member

Hi pp1 and all,

I have the same problem as you pp1. I was watching a movie and I press some buttons on my remote and then I've had a PAL message in the upper left corner. Now my screen are in black and white and I can't come back to NTSC!!!! I tried also to reconfigure the default setup and Region 0 and 1, but it didn't work.

If you know any time how to solve this problem, let me know how please!

I didn't try to call the company yet, I speak french so... Maybe I'll try anyway... I begin to be frustrated to not be able to play my movies.