1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diamond vision dvd player?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by sfxgeek, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Charlie06

Charlie06 Member

Can someone tell me how you get the number to go off the screen when you use the zoom? When I use the zoom the 2X will stay on the screen, it won't go away. What's up with that? Thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  2. pp1

pp1 Guest

3. tosszat

tosszat Guest

dose anyone know if this dvd player has wma decoeder? i burnt a wma dvd and cd both did not work! witch dvd player has wma decoder

4. fkdax

fkdax Member

Hey, I Got A Diamond Vision Dvd Player, And I Lost My Remote, And Im Tryin To Use A Universal Remote, But Cant Seem To Find "Diamond Vision" In Any Of The Code Books, And None Of The Other Ways Of Doing It Work, Can Anyone Help Me?? Thanks

5. swoop_al

swoop_al Member

I live in Canada and just got the latest Walmart flyer. They're advertising a Diamond Vision DVD players with Div-X playback in it for 49 bucks! You guys think it will play all avi's? I'll pop in and buy one and let you guys know! If it doesn't work, I'll just reaturn it. They take everything back. I saw this one dude returning a dirty weed eater this summer (looked like it had been used all summer) and they gave him his money back with no receipt! CRAZY!

6. stansoltz

stansoltz Member

whoa, DIVX playback? where'd you get the flyer? Toronto Star? I might be buying a second Diamond Vision!

just found the flyer on walmart.ca!

see ya later... off to walmart!

screenshot of flyer:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  7. resset

resset Member

I have a diamond dvd player it's the black one and when you get towards the end of a movie say 20 mins, it starts making a load noise and the freezes it does it all the time. Can anyone help?

8. tl222

tl222 Member

I just got a Diamond Vision dvd player for Christmas and it worked fine but all of a sudden (well after we did some rearranging) there is no sound. The dvd plays but no sound comes out of the tv. How do i fix this? Who can I call? The box and all the paper got thrown out.

Help please

9. stansoltz

stansoltz Member

just a follow up... after about a year, my diamond vision is acting up... some times it just spins (loudly) and won't load the disc... that is, until i hit it on the top... that seems to get the disc spinning properly and working.

10. acsl8r

acsl8r Member

Hey,

I just bought the dvdv807-04 from Wal-Mart. I took it home and watched two movies and noticed as I watched the second that the audio was a little messed. It sounded like there was a lot of feedback and loud speaker hum. Has anyone else noticed this? I had to have the volume up a bit more than usual to hear the damn movie as well. I am using the audio and video cables out of the box so i dunno what gives. It isn't the dvds or my tv as my other dvd player is all good.

Has anyone else had a similar prob? Just wondering if it is the cheap quality of these things or if i should return it and grab another.

ac

11. dreager

dreager Guest

Ya about the zoom 2x,4x. How you get it off the screen ? The manual don't show how.
    Yah and mine freezes 3/4 way into movie.
    May be a cheap dvd=but it sucks.

12. jg161

jg161 Member

i bought the 816 version of this player about 3 months ago, was suspicious , brought it home , threw everything i had at it, divx on cdr, divx + avi + mpg + mp3 on dvd and dvd-rw - worked FINE - couldnt believe it... so i eventually had some spring cleaning and threw the box and receipt, figured my $30 something player was just fine.

just today i find that its behaving as i have read in this very thread, and on another thread - lots of clicking and spin up/spin down and wont load DVD media - disks that used to work are no longer reading. after a few power cycles managed to get it to load, but it wouldnt start the divx movies.

cdr media still works, so i can live with that, but there is definately something dodgy about this player....

serves me right for losing receipt, but if u choose to buy this player, keep receipt and make sure u live near walmart for refreshing it when it pukes.

-j

13. fone2006

fone2006 Member

The 1389 hack mentioned before works on the Diamond 806-03 model as well.

14. Roykard

Roykard Member

I contacted the company about getting a new remote and they said I was out of warranty but... The 2006 Phillips universal remote is the only one currently that has a code for the Diamond dvd's. So basically 25$ for a new remote or 35$ for a new dvd player.

15. pierre3

pierre3 Member

Does anyone knows if this player reads dvd-rw finalized from another burner?

16. ilaziaf

ilaziaf Member

it seems like a lot of people have trouble getting disks to load after a while, i dont know how valid my theory is but, there's a new diamond vision dvd player out (822-05) which has a fliptop design, would this help keep disks loaded, or am i wrong?

17. stansoltz

stansoltz Member

actually. my loading problems are gone now... haven't had a problem in about 2 months.

18. Bruster32

Bruster32 Member

where do i get the 1389 hack and what do i do with it when i have it?

19. honcao

honcao Member

I bought a DVD Diamond Visison (DVDV807-03) Dec 2005 from Walmart ($35). In July 2006, my DVD player did not seem to work properly. It always display "loading". But it never loaded anything. Since it was over 3 months, Walmart asked me to contact the manufacturer.I contacted the manufacturer contact 1-866-622-1994. I was asked about the receipt. However, I lost my receipt. What should I do?

20. Bruster32

Bruster32 Member

Use it as a doorstop because the company will do squat! I had the same problem and they never returned my many calls. I never got a human just their freaking machine.