1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diamond vision dvd player?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by sfxgeek, Jan 18, 2005.

1. KarmaDog

KarmaDog Member

I bought a Diamond Vision DPDV222(7" portable DVD player) at Walmart.
    It says loading but never does. Anyone else have this problem? It is about five months old.

2. tetanos

tetanos Member

I just bough the DVDV816X at WalMart. Factory sealed box. I tried several movies I had that works fine on my two other players, all ntsc region 1. For all of them, the Diamond Vision player complained that 'This disc is not formatted to play in this region.' Surprisingly, pressing 1 when this message is displayed starts playing the movie at the first chapter. The player could not read any DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW or CD-R. A music CD played but with noise in louder part of songs. Needless to say that this music CD plays perfectly on all other players.

It seems that the only role this player is capable of is being a shooting target.

3. JJJhnsn

JJJhnsn Member

I have the 822-05 with the flip top and is crap. Hasn't worked at all. It skips (even though the discs are clean or new) and freezes to the point I have to unplug it and makes loud noises. Says it can't read discs even though it started playing. Called the company, can't get a hold of anyone...Going to return it and buy a real DVD player.

4. leecatt77

leecatt77 Member

I found out that the DVDV816X is set for Region 0. So you can play DVD's from anywhere in the world. When you play Fox DVD's for some reason they say that the disc is formatted for region 1 use.

If you press 1 on the remote it will take you directly to the start of the movie.

Also figured out that the code for changing regions is 9735

5. gadjeff

gadjeff Member

I too have the DVDV816X from Wall-Mart.
    When I put a Fox DVD, it says "THIS DISC IS NOT FORMATTED TO PLAY IN THIS REGION".
    It doesn't mention any region...
    And the code 9735 doesn't work.
    I tried it with the tray opened, closed, and "setup" from the remote before the code, any combination I could think of, nothing works.
    It sure is a good thing to be able to play the Fox dvd's just by pressing 1 from the remote. But what if you want to watch something like The X-Files? It only permits you to start the first episode!
    You cannot get the other three to play!
    If I could get a precise way of hacking the region, and by putting it back to region 1, maybe it would work...

6. Jshi99

Jshi99 Member

Hi, Friend

I have the same problem with this player. It can not read some region 1 DVD not only 20FOX but columbia pictures. Press 1 does not help.Any new way?

Thanks

7. viperblue

viperblue Guest

Just bought dvdv822-08 for the kids it wouldnt play back up of dora and gave the error "wrong disc", wouldnt play origional brand new "litle einstins"said "data error" but it played barney (1-2 year old disk)

8. Lalala20

Lalala20 Member

I NEED HELP !

My dvd player (dvd v803-03 progressive scan) hasn't been played in a while and its going all nuts on me. Like, the screen jumps up and down and won't stop and I can't even see the movie. But I can hear the sound. And I don't know how to fix it. If anyone knows how to fix it.. email me at

i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

please and thanks,
    Ida.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Lalala20, no email posting as per forum rules above, post edited

10. highrisk

highrisk Guest

Thanks for the info. I'm having region problems also. what do you do with the 9735 code. How do I use it?

11. xtsweet2

xtsweet2 Member

I just recently bought a second diamond vision since i was so pleased with my first one since it readers everything but now i have region problem with my second dvd player like for example example my super exgirlfreind will play fime on my first diamond and on my seconf it will say that it wasn't formated to play on this region and it also does this for certain divx. can somebody please help me

thanks

12. francs

francs Member

In reply to acsl8r's note on getting poor sound from his DVDV807... I know this is late (like a year!), but I have the same problem with my 807. I bought mine in November 2005, and it had poor sound from the start... sounds the same as yours. Did you ever find out anything to do about it? I've tried putting the sound through an external amp, and that helps a little, but it's still not what I'd call satisfactory. It's probably a case of "you get what you pay for", and I've had the unit sitting on a shelf doing nothing for a year, until I saw your post.

13. leecatt77

leecatt77 Member

Use these instructions.

The DVDV816X is actually in region free mode which means it can play any region in the world. To change it to read region 1 only.

Turn the DVD on. Press the open button with the DVD remote, then press "9735" or “5168”. When the region code comes up go over and change it back to Region 1, when region 1 is highlighted, press enter, then press the set-up button on the DVD remote. Once this is done you should be fine.

14. aluken

aluken Member

My Diamond vision 807-04 was playing fine but suddenly begins to say loading but never loads anything; finally says'No Disc'. Any suggestions? I am out of warranty. Thanks everyone.

15. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it is a good idea to look at the box that the player came in, it should show on the box what type of disks and or formats this player wil play, no brainer, also if you go to http://www.videohelp.com/ and type in the model number of your player that will show what type of disks and formats that the player will play, good luck

16. quidam9

quidam9 Member

Our family has had a Diamond Vision portable DVD player for quite some time now, and for about a year, it hasn't been loading DVDs. The "loading" sign in the corner of the screen will show up, but it will never actually load a disc.

Of course, our return time has long passed, and so it's useless to call the store that sold it to us, but I don't think that we still have our receipt.

Any suggestions on what to do, or how to get the DVDs to load?

17. kirwandp

kirwandp Member

I too am having video problems with my DvD player, my picture goes all digital looking and jumpy, the video play and sound stops, and no matter what i do it wont stop, except mine is the DVDV822-08

plz help, i am way over waranty, and its been doing it since i bought it, but i lost the reciept in the car and the car has been sold for a while.

18. hati79

hati79 Member

19. zooco

zooco Regular member

=====================

I had the same issue with the Diamond Vision DVD803-4 !! And I am surfing the Net seeking helps to fix it !
    However, I would like to report a similar case with my other DVD player , the Magnasonic DVD816-4 . Everytime, I loaded a disc, the pictures turn grey and jumping up and down continuously with the sound heard O.K. So I had no other choice but playing around with the buttons on remote control . By pure accident, I hit on the "Reset" button, and everything was back to normal again . This machine was only 2 months old and I almost threw it out !!

I immediately applied this solution to the Diamond Vision 803-4 . But... Alas !! It did not have the "Reset" button on the remote
    control !! So no dice this time . I just wonder if there is a way to reset the machine as in the Magnasonic DVD player case ?

I would appreciate any comments and hints to solve this problem . Thanks,

Best Regards,