1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

did all encoding

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ronshep, Nov 19, 2001.

1. ronshep

ronshep Guest

after i did all the ripping and steps needed to get to mpegfile from your tuturial im still having problems getting it to read to my standalone dvd, the dvd reads vcd i borrow one and it work my question to u is once it is a mpeg file beside nero 5.5 do i need to do anything else because nero is not converting it for a standalone? or maybe im doing something wrong with nero?please help it feel like im almost to the promise land..

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I suggest you to browse through this forum -- VCD burning questions have been answered almost too many times in here.

Use Nero, select VideoCD as a format, select correct video format, select No CD-I application, give a name to your disc, set your CD burning speed to 4x or lower, remember to check the 'Finalize CD' option, use only brand-name CD-R discs (no CD-RWs), drop your video into Nero, select Burn, remember to check that the 'Finalize' is checked, remember to check the burn-speed (for some reason these settings don't stay selected all the time) and start burning.