1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone else get any adware/spyware with Bit Tornado

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by faceken, Feb 1, 2005.

1. faceken

faceken Member

I downloaded and installed bit tornado and my computer instantly slowed down and when I opened explorer there was some extra search bars and I was getting pop ups. I'm not completely sure it was Bit Tornado, but I think it is. Did anyone else get any unwanted programs along with Bit Tornado?

2. Ark74

Ark74 Member

Yes, I had a version of bit toranado installed that didn't want to work on a site so I downloaded and installed a newer version that was loaded with adware. I had about 6 new icons on my desktop and toolbar. It took a few programs to eventually clean it up. Not Impressed!!

3. ecstatica

ecstatica Member

i use bittornado and mine was clean where did u get it from ? like peer guardian my friend got his from downloads.com i think it was and it was full of unwanted things... bittornado might be the same if u didnt get it from http://bittornado.com/ .. just a thought

4. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

very good point as to where you downloaded it from
    peerguardian were warning quite a while ago that the only place to download a clean copy of peerguardian was from bluetack.co.uk

other places as download.com was mentioned sometimes have hidden and nasty add ons within the software downloaded unfortunately