1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone try FASTDVDCOPY 2.0

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Slonar21, May 8, 2004.

1. eyeball

eyeball Member

ok, i finally got a reply from fastdvdcopy support!!!
    here it is:
    Hello,

this is a known issue we're still trying to solve. It seems that in some machines the application fails to launch, we think it might be due to some unkown conflict with another application. If you can retrieve a crashlog of the problem might be very useful for us. We are sorry for this problem.

If you want to try this, please install the application using a new user account in your OS, one that has no other applications installed. According to one customer this solved his problem.

Regards,

2. samintx

samintx Regular member

Interesting and thanks for posting but what is different about an emac except for the weight that would cause the problem. Other than a driver for the emac all programs/system would be the same. It must be in the emac driver (that isn't the right word but I can't think what they call them)

Thanks for posting. It surely will help others.

3. eikcam

eikcam Guest

iI tried FastDVDCopy 2.0, There is an improvement, picture
    quality is better and very easy to use, but could not compress
    a 8.gig of film on to a standard DVD, i found it a lot easier
    and cheaper to use DVD2ONEX with Toast T.........

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2004
  4. gleaman

gleaman Member

Has anyone experienced this with Fastcopy 2.03.
    My problem:
    1-I insert the DVD to be copied, they start Fast DVD copy I get an unknown error -4677
    2-I launch Fast DVD first, then insert DVD to be copied, nothing happens here, software does not recognize the disc eventhough the disc is mounted on the desktop.

Any suggestions? I have waited 1 week so far for tech support.

Does anyone have any suggestions on DVD duplicating software for OSX Panther?

5. gleaman

gleaman Member

My problem:
    1-I insert the DVD to be copied, they start Fast DVD copy I get an unknown error -4677
    2-I launch Fast DVD first, then insert DVD to be copied, nothing happens here, software does not recognize the disc eventhough the disc is mounted on the desktop.

6. gleaman

gleaman Member

My problem:

7. Rgx

Rgx Member

What type of dvd-r media is everyone using? I'm getting an error right before the burn process. I've tried 2 different types of media so far, neither of which are name brand but I have burned an iDVD movie with these same discs before. I'm currently going through the process righ tnow so I can see what the error was again.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2004
  8. samintx

samintx Regular member

Since Fast copy will not allow us to use the program on another computer we own, I didn't want to risk trying the "Update" from 2.01 and end up having nothing. The version I have works fine for me except occasionally at start up I get some error talking about "frames" possibly being used by another program.

I am going to stick with my original version. I don't trust Fastcopy. Very slow in tech support and I also don't like their attitude of letting me put this program I paid for on another computer I own. Irony...the program copies OTHER PEOPLE's work DVD but they will not let me use on my other computers.

I did have problems with a brand "LiquidVideo" I got this at Office Max. Don't buy it. Doesn't work in PC or Mac or Toshiba recorder.

Be sure and let us know if your problem gets solved. I wish I could install the program on another mac I have. If you figure this out let us know.

9. Rgx

Rgx Member

The error I get after I insert a DVD-R and it tries to burn is:
    "There was an error while burning the DVD. You can try with a new media or cancel the copy."

Happens with both DVD-r medias I have so I'm starting to think it's my Superdrive. I updated the firmware the other day maybe something went wrong.

Also on a side note at what point can I go to "Show Settings" under the fast dvd copy menu? It is ALWAYS grayed out for me. I looked at the fast dvd copy manual and they explain how they go to show settings and it all works like a charm.

I'm starting to think fast dvd copy isn't worth a damn. Has anyone tried any other DVD backing up software for mac?

10. samintx

samintx Regular member

RGX et al: what you are experiencing is the rejection of the DVD disk media. Keep trying other disks in your pile, take out the disk and turn it. This happens to even standalone recorders (Toshiba and Phillips for me) Out of a pile of blank DVDs the top one will not record but the next one in the pile will. Sometimes there is an imperfection.Sometimes it helps to insert a new DVD after retarting your burner. The signals sometimes are still there from the bad DVD media. Incidently, I looked and I'm using version 2.0 NOT 2.1 as stated earlier. The only problem with media I've had was the Office Max media. I really like this program because unlike the PC DVDXpress you don't have to insert a blank disk. You do that before and the program keeps going till the copy is complete.

11. Rgx

Rgx Member

Ok, well I reset the firmware on my superdrive and fast dvd copy completed the pricess this time. Burning and all. My new problem is the disc won't play on any of the three dvd players in my house, and I know that they all can play dvd-r's. Could this be the media? My sony gives me "the disc is dirty" error, and my pioneer just keeps searching. The movie can play on my apple's dvd-rom so I know the burn worked.

And I am still wondering how I can get to "show settings" under the fast dvd copy menu. I'm using version 2.0 also.

12. samintx

samintx Regular member

My SOny gave me the same signal with version 1.0 but it seemed to have corrected with 2.0. Maybe I had better check again.

Suddenly this afternoon I got the message:

No audio channel selected
    You must select one Audio channel

It (ver 2 has been working fine) and now this even tho I restarted, shutdown and tried 2 diff DVDs. I have an email in to support. We shall see what they say. I'm mad you cannot reinstall this program we paid for......

13. Rgx

Rgx Member

I'd say fast dvd copy is too unreliable. Time to look elsewhere.