1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I brick my Hitachi 47DJ DVD drive? HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lecor, Jun 7, 2007.

1. lecor

lecor Member

I'm not sure what is wrong with it... I flashed it using the SLAX CD method, and received a successful flash 100% confirmation, but no games will play... original or backups of my originals. What are the signs of a bricked drive? The XBOX 360 starts up fine, but keeps saying unplayable disc! Please help! I should include that the drive does open and close normally... so it is operating somehow. I even tried cleaning the lens... but still nothing.

2. JLF24

JLF24 Regular member

Sounds like your laser went out... that would be my guess....

Try flashing back to original FW and see if it boots Originals... If that works then reflash it w/ C4E firmware...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  3. jontracey

jontracey Guest

The button you push to turn on your 360, does it have red leds (lights) AKA the ring of death? If not open your 360 and see if your drive is perfectly snuggly connected with wires. If it is try reflashing your drive.

4. lecor

lecor Member

No ring of death and wires connected properly. I'll try reflashing and post results... Thanks people!