1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I destroy my ps2 ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Exim, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Exim

Exim Member

First I'm sorry if my problem already has been discussed but I couln't find a topic.
    I tried to install a Matrix Infinity in my PS2, v12 70004 with a Neofix xii. Sadly the console doesn't do anything now :(
    So I've reopened the thing and started it up in the opened state to see what happens when it's turned on:
    If the laser isn't at his initial position and I plug-in the ac and power up it moves to the initial position. If i move the laser in standby mode and power up it doesn't. In both cases the fan goes on and it seems like the cpu does something but the CD/DVD doesn't even start to spin.
    thanks for help.

2. DBZB126

DBZB126 Regular member

check your soldering again and remove and extras.

no gurantees tat your PS2 still works but good luck

3. modster

modster Regular member

check your cd eject solder point on the motherboard.

I had this issue before, it turned out that I fried my bios with the soldering iron.

4. spyman

spyman Regular member

id suggest uninstalling it completely, clean it up make sure it works, then attempt to mod it again.

also neofix doesnt do anything, leave the pic connected possibly, but dont connect the diode points. instead connect the needed resistors from the summ0ne fix.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005