1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I get a good deal...???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by howy_2005, Apr 13, 2007.

1. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

Okay...saw this auction for a new 360 on ebay. The premium system with all of the contents. Only owned for 4 months. The guy got it as a gift and then when he finally got his first 360 game (4 months after the system was baught) he hooks everything up and it reads the e68 error. I've done research (via this site and others) as to what the code mean...so please don't be a noob and post it. The guy was new to ebay and had it listed just "Use xbox console" under the video game accesories catigory. I won the auction with 78.12 (after shipping)

The guy said he never tried to fix it and when he called microssoft...they offered the whole sned it in and we'll charge ya to fix scheme. So he decided to sell it. I didnt mention how easy this problem is to fix in fear that he might back out. Wonh the auction two days agao....and he shipped it out yesterday.

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i dont know much about the error but if its fixable then id say that was a good deal

3. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

it's a problem with the hard drive. it's either not connected to the console right (obviously on easy fix) the internal connections are off (also an easy fix) are the HDD can be corrupt. It's hard to say though since this guy sound like such a newbie and he never tried to power it without the hdd.

4. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

i guess i'll have to just wait until it gets here to see...

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Since it is still under M$ warrenty, if you can't get it working send it in to them!

6. SEGA3

SEGA3 Guest

sounds like steal u lucked out

7. Blasterjk

Blasterjk Guest

In my experience with e-bay they are much like the legal system, full of half truths and deception. If the seller did not open the box you are fine. If you see any traces of the cover being off most likely you got, as I like to call it, ebayed. The question I would have asked him is, M$ repairs 360's for like $100, THEN he could have sold it for 250 or more with the game on e-bay. Why not? The answer will determine your purchase.

good luck.

8. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

well...thanks for the comments....but I've been an avid ebayer for quite sometime. You just have to know what to look for.

Turns out I got a GREAT deal. Nothing was wrong with it...the guy just didnt have the HDD hooken up right.

One xbox premium system in brand new condition.....$180 bucks.

9. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Well,that's a pretty good deal you got from ebay.The seller really was a complete noob then for not trying to remove the hard disk and put it well.Now you're the lucky one guy i should say.Enjoy your console!

10. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

oh yeah...i am as we speak!

Does anyone know if there is a way to put conten on a USB thumb drive and put it on the 360?