1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did i just pay for a xbox core and get a premium?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by IM1, Jun 21, 2007.

1. IM1

IM1 Regular member

Couple of days ago I bought a moddified xbox 360.
    The modification was...
    "This Console has been opened and professionally modded to prevent heat issues, heat transfer paste has been replaced with high quality Silver thermal paste compound, in addition the defective "X Clamps" have been replaced with improved fixings to ensure heatsink is in complete contact with the CPU and GPU units at all times, since above mentioned work has been carried out console now runs much cooler than ever before, console has over 20 hours of rigorous bench testing."

Today i recieved the xbox 360 and when i open the xbox 360 core box i saw what looked like a xbox 360 premium!
    Doesnt the silver tray cover only come on the premium xbox?
    If so maybe it was jus changed by the person.
    Is there any other way to see if it is a premium version? im not sure because the is the first xbox iv had/played in my life! lol

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

silver tray front
    wireless controller
    head set
    hard drive
    component hd cables (red, green, blue, white, red... not yellow, red, white)
    network cable

3. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

it might be the premium console but it is not the premium package unless is comes with the hard drive and the hd cables. there is no difference in the core and premium consoles except hard drive

4. IM1

IM1 Regular member

its not the premium package, the package is the core version.
    its the actuall system that i think is a premium one.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Well that could happen. He didn't have the hard drive or HD cables so it was easier to sell it as a Core. It shouldn't be an issue unless someone was dead set on the white eject button and tray. I hope he didn't charge more than what a new one would cost, because they're little way of knowing if any of those mods were actually done unless you take it apart.

6. IM1

IM1 Regular member

well i won it on an auction for £135.56 on ebay (ex P&P)

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Did you happen to ask him if the firmware has ever been modded and if the 360 has been banned from Live?

There are probally a few good deals on Ebay for 360's. And some of those people will be shady and instead of posting something like "has been modded" or "has been banned", they'll just put something like "any questions just ask". And if the buyer doesn't specifically ask about a banned console, it'll end up being their own fault. Used console = as-is.