1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

did i kill my ps2 with slide card?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by nightseek, Jul 25, 2007.

1. nightseek

nightseek Member

hi, I just finally got my slide card and I started using it. I put in Swap Magic 3.8 to that screen where it ask Normal, Special, SMBoot, etc. So I use my slide card, open the tray, pulled it out, stuck in the backup copy, pushed it back and supposedly locked it back in. I press X and boot to NTSC and sat there. It didn't start so I figure my DVD copy was bad. Now my PS2 won't recognize any disc. I don't get any DISC Read Error just that it goes straight to the Browse/Configuration menu as if there's no CD/DVD in it. Did I just kill my PS2? Is there a way to lock it if that's the problem...what do you think happen?

2. ronefresh

ronefresh Member

Try cleaning the lens there is a tutorial somewhere on the forums. It helped me out my ps2 wouldnt read cd's but I followed the tutorial now it reads fine.

3. nightseek

nightseek Member

i'll try that, in the meantime i have to try to fix my tray cause it won't eject up til a certain point. i have to lock it or maybe it doesn't do that anymore..