1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I Miss Something?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by essay55, May 12, 2007.

1. essay55

essay55 Regular member

I used DVdFab Decrypter for the 1st time and successfully created an ISO file of the movie. I then tried to get dvd shrink to open it up but recieved an error message " system can not find the file specified". So I went back and double clicked on the ISO files. DVD Decrypter popped up and made a copy for me. Did I miss a step here? Did I lose any quality by not running DVD Shrink? (i.e, analysing, decoding) Please advise...

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

The dvd you ripped with DVDFab, was it a SL or a DL disk?

If it was a SL disk then dvd shrink is not needed.
    also if you only ripped the main movie only most of the time it doesn't need compression

Does this mean that it burned the ISO file?

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  3. essay55

essay55 Regular member

I apologize. How do I tell if it was a DL or SL disk? Also do you have any ideas why DVD shrink wouldn't open the file for me? Thanks.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

To open iso's in Shrink go to File>Open Disc Image.

Can't open them with the open files option.

But like 300bowler pointed out looks like you're good - decrypter burned it so if it was a single layer disc (or dual layer) for the ripped file from DVDFab looks like no compression was needed.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I personally would use the "build mode" of Imgburn to create my ISO before I use the feature in DVDFab...just a personal preference. If DVD Shrink is required I would simply import the VIDEO_TS folder into it and create an ISO with DVD Shrink.

6. essay55

essay55 Regular member

Yes 300bowler. It did burn the ISO file.

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

basically you look at the size of the dvd(after or before the rip) or the back of the dvd case usually tells if it is a DL disk.

but if you are using dvdFab and you choose the main movie only option then after the rip you should see how big the ISO or Folder is, if it is over like 4.32 GB you have to use shrink.

also IMO its better if you rip in file mode instead of an ISO, just in case you have to run the files thru VOBblanker or FixVTS.

Last edited: May 12, 2007