1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I totally KILL my DVD drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nki00, Nov 22, 2007.

1. nki00

nki00 Regular member

I was in the process of flashing my Samsung TS-H943 ms25 DVD drive using a new version of iPrep 0.0.6. I was able to back-up my firmware (with the dSam command, which reported success) and then powered down both PC and XBOX. When I turned both on to flash, it started showing errors, something like:

www failed ....

I plugged the XBOX into my TV and now it shows SYSTEM ERROR E 65, CONTACT MICROSOFT TECH SUPPORT.

I thought of restoring a back-up but now my SATA card does not see this XBOX DVD drive anymore and says "Device initialization Error" (when before it used to be a DVD drive name). Obviously rSam command does not work either if I boot up from USB, saying that Device is not found....

DOES THIS MEAN THAT MY DVD DRIVE IS NOW USELESS?
    PLEASE ANY HELP!!!!

2. mussyib

mussyib Member

oryt mate, heres ur solution i had the same problem ealier, im new 2 the site but hav a bit of knowledge for xbox 360's!
    RIGHT so basically ur dvd drive is ded dunno how u did it make sure you hav da drive key saved on 2 ur usb/floppy as u sed u successfully read the firmware! plug ur usb/floppy in the computer and see the backups folder if ur key is there then ur half way there NOW you have to order a dvd drive which is the same as urs for e.g samsung ms25 basically order the drive u hav and flash it agen with the unique key in the backups folder!
    U R DUN

3. nki00

nki00 Regular member

Wow. Are you saying that I need to buy a new DVD drive? What about this one -- it's a perfectly normal drive. There should be some way to re-write that firmware -- I'm sure Samsung do it somehow.

I think my mistake was to use a not recommended SATA card (I had Initio INIC-16 22TA2 A220P PCI card) so now I ordered the VIA VT6421 PCI card (recommended "SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA / IDE Combo Controller Card, Non Raid"). I read somewhere that it can access the DVD's firmware without the drive actually being seen in BIOS because the guy who wrote MTKFlash coded it specifically for that type of card. So hopefully that is my last resort to fix it. I'd really hate to buy a new DVD drive. --- can someone comment on this, please????

Also question to you, mussyib. You say to look up the key in a backup folder. I opened up my jump stick and the backup folder has first folder with 7 first digits of my Serial, then inside another folder with the last 5 digits of the serial and then inside two files "SAM-CFW.bin" and "SAM-OFW.bin". Where can I get the key from?

I used new version of iPrep 0.0.6 to flash it...