1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

did revolution-sales steal my money?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by obinna12, Feb 5, 2007.

1. obinna12

obinna12 Member

just bought a vanilla visa giftcard and bought magickeys and swapmagic with it from revolution-sales. they emailed me saying exactly
    Regards,

Thanks for your order! One or more of our verification checks related to
    this order failed and we'd like to confirm your information with the funding
    credit card company. Please send the telephone number for your card issuer's
    customer service printed on the back of your credit card. If you cannot find
    the number, please forward the name of your card issuer.

support@revolution-sales.com
    http://revolution-sales.com

-Please include previous message content in your reply-

i gave them the info they wanted. am i in trouble? do you think i just got my money stolen? thanx

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i would hope not. Customer service should need a lot more information then your name, address and card number before they start doing anything but answering very basic questions.

3. diabolico

diabolico Member

It sounds like they were unable to confirm either the money available or the shipping address/billing address correlated with the card info and want to confirm this over the phone before charging to the card. I would watch it a few days, confirm the purchase and delivery date and be ready to dispute if not received. A dispute will go through fine if you provide the credit card company with the correspondence they gave you. The fact that it was a giftcard Visa, may be the reason why it occurred. I know that those cards are iffy when you try to use them for online purchases. I had one company that could not charge because it did not verify as a credit card. Check with the customer service of the card and the company too.

4. obinna12

obinna12 Member

thanx for your replies guys u were a big help. does anyone else have any advice?

5. obinna12

obinna12 Member

alright i got my money back. does anyone know another RELIABLE site that accepts prepaid credit/ gift cards? thanx!!

6. sux

sux Member

girt cards are us is a good site for buying gift cards

7. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I think you're better off purchasing the stuff from any sites mentioned in swapmagic3.com around your area that accepts Paypal. Less hassles and more secure in my opinion. As for the gift card... buy outside or something.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

if you have a bank account Paypal may be the way to go. A lot of stores are taking it these days and the free account will do anything you need.