1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did ya know there's 2 DVDClones out there?????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jaydee123, Dec 30, 2003.

1. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

I was on the net last night downloading various software trials & then I started installing them & guess what??? There are 2 different companys selling DVDClone yep similiar software SAME NAME.
    One is from Elby thats the one with the sheep on it, & then then there one from dvdclone.net.The one from dvdclone.net seems to be a very good program & Has a built in decrypter & does everything for you NO OTHER SOFTWARE Needed. The other from Elby needs a decrypter to start any copy as it doesn't copy protected dvds.
    But the price is $50.00 cheaper too.
    Has anyone looked into this??? I doubt I'm the first to see this. Any thoughts on this???

Dave

2. hectar

hectar Guest

Git outta town, der neva is? Aint dat sumptin'?

Goddam pirates ! Theys everywhere!

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

jaydee123,

Must be several .net around -

dvdclone.net is a holding page, up for sale -nothing for sale there -

Guess it was a "Fly-by-last-Night" Huh ??

Good for a chuckle -
    "P"

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

jaydee123, You need Anydvd to work with the Elby Clonedvd. They work great together. Anydvd will work in the backgroung for other programs too like Nero RECODE, and I used it behind DVDshrink on a movie it wouldn't decrypt by itself.
    Jerry

5. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Hey Pete NO I'm not kidding try this http://www.clonedvd.net it definately there as I'm on right now. Unless this is your sence of humor talking, (kinda dry ya know) ha ha ha LOL.
    But do check it out. I did download the prg & it appear to be a very good one, similiar to DVD X Copy I do believe. But hayyyyy what do I know I'm a NewBie.

Dave

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

jaydee123,
    thanks for the info d/loaded the trial version to see if its any good

thanks again

andmerr

7. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

8. john179

john179 Active member

I use smart ripper and dvd clone with the sheep on it as you put it.This will give you the best results for backing up dvd's.I have tried all the leading softwares and i have always gone back to these two as you get the best results.

Cheers
    John.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

jeedee123,

Yep, it's at the last address -

Like hectar said
    I PAID for my sheep and I love those littl' creeters -

Happy New Year all -

"P"

10. Nightlite

Nightlite Guest

It is not pirated software.I purchased this product (dvdclone) over a year ago...It has been around a while... but until their latest version this year had not been as please... I took a look the other day and did an upgrade of the product... and it worked really well. At the time of purchase they had a back up on 2 dvds of a movie.. toward the end of the year they put in put in on one disk... I had problems with it because their testing had only been on a certain dvd writer... and I had Sony. but this new version works well with what I have..I tested it on Monsters INC yesterday put it in one drive a blank disk in the other and left home. When I returned it was done already. Not being home I don't know how long it took but the ride I took was about 40 minutes. The new copy worked on my PC and on my stand alone player. and the correct link to it is http://www.dvd-cloner.com/

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Nightlite,

The conversation, as I remember it, dealt with the name being "just a little too similar", if you know what I mean -

As you wrote so well -
    Well now - -

and then I noticed your signature, it said DVDCloneR -

and I say to myself, Huuummmm, self, here is a guy who spent $59.00 on this and to this day he's not sure what he purchased, he, he,

As we didn't have the link correct we thought the site was down, I see it isn't -

The bottom line is - if DVDClone doesn't mind that DVDCloneR is almost "leaching" off their name, then why should we ??

Let them doggies lie Says I, just let'em be -

Thanks for the correct link though -

too bad they don't have a trial version like the real Clone - I would have loved to compare them -

Pete

12. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Nice to see that this thread is seeing some light. ScubaPete, both of this prg are quite different in the way they work & both have demos, please check them out.
    The way some of you are posting is you haven't checked BOTH OF These out. http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/ and http://www.clonedvd.net
    2 Totally different companys.
    Hey Pete you said you were going to look these prgs, so like what did ya think????
    But that was in last year, since then I found a Free prg called DVD Shrink. I'm just glad I didn't buy the prg although I was going to, but guys like Scuba Pete & others, educated me before I spent my cdn money. But if you like a one click wonder type of prg that rips & burns try the clonedvd.net one, as the one from Elby only burns it doesn't encode copy protected DVDs.

13. Nightlite

Nightlite Guest

ScubaPete, guess you had problems getting the dog to lie..This guy who put out $59 back in December 2002 is an old lady and does make typing errors.but...so glad you are on your toes and have the time..to correct them..
    From the updates of the above mentioned programs, DVDCloner was out first... If dvdshrink had been I would not have spent the $$, but am please with their upgrade to it being a total one click dvd copier..(since I did spend the $$ and since then have found other things that were better).. I tried it again last night and did bother to look at the clock... and for 1 1/2 hour movie it took 40 minutes to do it all. Having Nero installed on my pc... Dvdshrink also does a one click copy now with its improvement.