1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did your 360 die within the past 2 months?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by vinny13, Feb 10, 2008.

1. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I'm no 360 fan... I have a PS3. All my friends have 360s, and most of them have died within the past couple months :S

I was just wondering if this is like some sort of odd coincidence or if many others are also having them break because I just find it odd how almost all of my friends were waiting for a box in the mail... 1 had to buy new one because MS wouldn't take it for some reason... It wasn't modded or anything...

It's just weird :p

2. IceKing1

IceKing1 Guest

This is just veiled lame attempt to bash the 360, look at the sales numbers, son, and you will see what a FLOP the PS3 has been. I wouldn't admit you own one of those in public out of embarrassment.

3. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

If you haven't noticed already, your friends have been having problems with their 360's since launch.

You have a lot of friends. :p

Enjoy your blu-ray player.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

It is just coincidence that they all died around the same time. Yes the 360 has some problems with the hardware. And a lot of people have had their system go down. But this is pretty much true of all of the new "next gen" consoles. You just do not know about them unless you research it.
    Both the PS3 and the Wii have problems too. Heck the Wii has been known to break people's HDTV's. Now that is a big problem.

5. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Lol I knew that would come up :p

I'm not bashing it, I could care less...

I was just wondering if anybody else were having these problems...

6. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I'm gonna check up on that Wii thing... And I know the PS3 has the Legendary laser problem like all Sony consoles :p

7. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

The 360 problem is severe, however every console I've ever owned has given me problems. Every device has issues at launch.

PS2=Dreaded Disc Read Error
    GC=Essentially the same thing
    Dreamcast=Loose console ports (don't ask me how I never moved the thing)
    etc. etc. etc.

The only reason the 360 is such a large deal isn't because it breaks, but rather MS didn't do anything to resolve the issue until fairly recently. Also keep in mind doctors are reporting the Wii causes carpel tunel (sp) and blue tooth causes cancer (yeah i don't really buy it either) and I'll take the high failure rate.

(By the way I own a Wii and will eventually get a PS3 once some exclusive titles come out, I'm not overly biased either way)

8. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Wii+breaking+HDTV

There you go vinny13
    Truthfully i thought it was just the 360 having bad problems until i talked with some of my friends in "the scene" who have all different consoles (or all of them) and they told me about that. My jaw almost dropped to the floor on that one. I can deal with having to send in my 360 and have it fixed for free. But who is covering your HDTV when the Wii breaks it (or more accurately you break it with the Wii)? I know Nintendo would not because they can claim it is not their fault but yours, and your TV warranty would not cover damage done that way so i think you would be pretty screwed.