1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between a softmod and a modchip???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by RossK1988, Feb 3, 2007.

1. RossK1988

RossK1988 Member

Does a softmod do the same thing as a modchip? Because I ordered a modchip to get the most out of my Xbox, but I also wanna mod in games(such as Halo 2....(not in matchmaking in custom games, i'm not like that)So would the modchip that I am gonna install let me do that? I am installing the Super Aladdin Live. Thanks in advance everyone.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

modchips and softmods do the same thing.
    But with a modchip it is much easier to install a bigger hard drive, fix problems or error that may occur. Not sure what you mean when you say modding in games. If you mean use cheats then either one can do that, they are called trainers.

3. 80smetal

80smetal Guest

Mod chips are generally more reliable than soft mods.
    Price wise they are about the same - once you buy splinter cell, a USB stick and a USB convertor cable. Probably just better to pay an expert to put a hardware chip in. The guy i'm doing it from is going to load in a dash, emulators, and upgrade my HDD for free.