1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

difference between server ip addrss and client ip address ?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by obstacle1, Mar 4, 2007.

1. obstacle1

obstacle1 Guest

i have azureus and bt voyager 105 adsl while trying to change my port numbers to enable torrents to work faster i noticed my server ip address and client ip address have different numbers
    server ip address 192.168.1.250
    client ip address is : 84.92.154.200
    which should i use for azureus as i have really mesed up my bittorrent connection it's gone from slow to non existant .
    also what port number should i use for azureus and do i place the port number in a UDP or TCP or both
    anyone got any idea what i should do.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

server ip addy = local ip

client ip addy = the ip the rest of the world sees

I would edit out our external ip (client ip) asap, some people have 0 lives and can use your ip to potential hack you. Not a good idea.

I always forward ports above the 20000 range, making sure not to forward a port that has known issues (potential trojans etc). Use this site before forwarding any port. http://www.neohapsis.com/neolabs/neo-ports/neo-ports.html

Also when forwarding it is really only necessary to use the TCP option. I dont see any harm in choosing both though, unless some networking genius says differently.