1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between Sony DRU-510A & The New Pioneer 106?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dave25, Jun 17, 2003.

1. dave25

dave25 Member

Hi guys

I returned my faulty Sony DRU-510A writer yesterday after 1 week if usuage. I did end of buying the Pioneer 105 writer but i am having seconds thoughts now as the pioneer doeasnt do + dvds, and I like to have the best and most upto date equiptment.

Anyways I have decided to take my Pioneer 105 back tomorrow, I dont really want to buy another Sony because I am been put off with that particular model. I was thinking of waiting for the new Pioneer 106 version, and wanted to ask if it has the exact same features as the current Sony. what are the differences if it has any, from the Sony.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I wouldnt buy a Sony in the first place. The Pioneer you have just bought, the 105, stick with it for now. If you go out and spend a fortune on a 4x 106, you'll be dissapointed in about 4-5 months when Pioneer release the 107 supporting 8x DVD-R writing speeds. My advice, is to go with the cheaper 105. You can get them for £94 in UK or $145 in US. A real Bargain

3. boriqua

boriqua Guest

I agree with you totally Oriphus... I would like to know where the a05 are for $145, Thanks...

4. nick911e

nick911e Member

i have just bought a dru-510a...can you tell me what problems you saw?

5. boriqua

boriqua Guest

Hopefully you want have any. Your burner is selective about the media it uses. Check for full compatability before buying blanks (especially for bulk)...

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2003