1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between ways of burning?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by anniebee, Jan 27, 2007.

1. anniebee

anniebee Member

...what I mean is I have just discovered that you can burn a video onto a dvd or CD by "create a data cd/dvd " and it just takes a few minutes, as opposed to doing it via Nero Vision. I have noticed the sound is not as good and a slight difference in the quality of the image. Also this way you can put several videos onto the one dvd. I just want to know is there any other real difference, I´m a bit slow discovering these things, so is the main difference just the sound???

Annie

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

It sounds as though you are describing burning AVIs to a DVD as opposed to converting AVIs to be DVD compliant. The former is certainly quicker. The disadvantage is that not all DVD players will play AVI files. Only those standalones that are divx certified will play them.

3. anniebee

anniebee Member

Hi there,

I don´t know if that´s what I´m talking about!!

One way is with Nero Vision as per the guide at the beginning of this forum.

The other way is open Nero, choose CD and then "create data Cd" and then just burn.....or choose DVD and then "create data DVD" and then just burn. The ones that I did the second way 2 were Xvid, whatever that means.

I that is what I mean, the quality is not as good is that correct ?????

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

When you use Nerovision, the avi/xvid/divx (mpeg4) files are converted to be DVD compliant (mpeg2). There isn't really any change in quality as far as I'm concerned. If you make a data CD or DVD, you're just copying the mpeg4 files to either a CD or DVD.

VCDs which are on CDs are not as good in quality as DVDs since their resolution is lower.

5. anniebee

anniebee Member

Thank you so much I understand now and of course that´s where I´m seeing the difference in quality as when I use Nero Vision I use DVD´s and when I do it the data way, CD´s.

Cheers

Annie