1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

difference between wiikey and D2ckey

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by redname, Feb 14, 2008.

1. redname

redname Member

hi,
    just a newbie here. i've been reading about mod chips and saw these two mentioned mod chips. i know these 2 chips are from the same pple and tht the purpose is to mod the different wii version eg. D2C

my qn is that which is more reliable in terms of compatibility with the copied games? i dnt wish to have a mod chip that cant play most games, i wld want the one which can play most of them.

2. juniR

juniR Guest

wiikey is for D2A/D2B systems NOT D2C. D2CKey is for D2C systems only. Other options for D2C include D2Pro by the same ppl as D2CKey or the Infectus Argon. All will do the job with the D2Pro or Argon being the ones to go for at this time.

All chips can play most games btw. All games in your region will run and also most imports but not all.

3. redname

redname Member

Hi, thanks for your reply

actually i raised this qn cause a dealer tld me that wiikey is better, he gave me a percentage tht wiikey can play almost 80% of the games available but d2ckey can only do 50%

4. juniR

juniR Guest

Well if you asked the same question to him as you did here and he didn't point out the difference between D2A/B and D2C I'd be wary of spending my cash at his store ;)

5. redname

redname Member

he did mention but i think there was some miscomm in my 1st post which lead to a misunderstanding tht i dnt know the diff of d2ckey is for the D2C wii and wiikey is for the earlier versions :)

6. redname

redname Member

anyone can help?

i jus wanna know which mod is able to play the most games.

i've read abt bricking and i jus wanna ask how do i find out which firmware the game uses/needs? i guess if i'm able to do that, i'll prevent inserting a game which needs a higher firmware and having different region as the wii i'm using

7. juniR

juniR Guest

Erm - I already told you that it depends on the drive as to how it narrows your choice down.

The only way you can choose between wiikey or D2CKey is to be able to choose the Wii it goes into and that is gonna be very hard seeing as they only make D2C ones now. Just in case you don't get it by now - all chips don't go into any Wii. Only if you already have a D2A or D2B Wii can you choose wiikey and the D2CKey will not actually be a choice then.

D2C Chip options, D2CKey, D2Pro, Argon - the D2CKey is no longer that recommended really and the D2Pro is made by the ppl that made the D2CKey.