1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference betweewn dvd - & +r. Plus is there a new DVDFab out ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aaguster, Apr 8, 2007.

1. aaguster

aaguster Member

Hello, I had a question about using the blank disks. Would it make a difference if I used -r rather that +r blanks for burning dvd's or does it make a difference in the quality??? also dvdfab gave me a opt to upgrade to the latest version.... is there a new version out?? I'm sure i downloaded a new version just about a month ago. thx

2. pazzini

pazzini Guest

This has nothing to do with mobile phones, lol, will ask to be moved ;-)

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread teleported out of a Nokia phone forum (what's that all about). Anyway, i won't comment on the -R and +R question as it's one of the most common questions here thus there are a gazillion threads giving the answers better than i can.

As to DVDFab, i just check the website manually for updates, every week or so. I never rely on programs to auto-update or to go looking for updates (well apart from Virus checker updates). Imagine if 'the authorities' took over DVD ripping programs (it does happen) and the auto-updates plonked you right in their lair..

Also, another reason not to auto-update, sometimes an update will be released with bugs. I always keep all old versions saved away in case i find a need to revert..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007