1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different AC3 channels

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by abnrgr_2, Aug 14, 2004.

1. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

After going through a few movies, I've been seeing that there is sometimes many AC3 english channels. I am using DVD Shrink and when the option comes up to see what portions I want left off for audio, I see many english versions of AC3. Is it safe to delete all of them except for a couple of them or do I need to leave them all on there in order to receive Dolby sound? This option usually comes up with the 2ch and not the 5.1. Thanks

2. methos333

methos333 Member

just choose that one that says X80 and you'll be fine

3. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

I am not sure we are talking abou the same thing or maybe we are and I am just ignorant. Using DVD Shrink, after opening a disc, you get the contents of it(subtitles, audio, etc...) I uncheck all the non-English versions in order to get more for the main movie. There are several versions of the AC3 that come up under English. I just burned a copy with all but one AC3 track checked and it did not come out in Dolby. I am wondering which on's are okay to leave off or do I need to keep all Englich AC3 files on. Thanks

4. methos333

methos333 Member

i'm sorry we aren't talking about the same thing
    sorry

5. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

No problem, I am new trying to figure out this stuff myself. Thanks....

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest

2.0 means stereo
    5.1 means surround sound.

you can choose either one. the first is usually smaller and the laater is bigger in filesize.

i would use the 5.1, though i don't have the speakers to get any of its benefit, but you never know when you might get one. :)

7. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

abnrgr_2, you have a few options to help you make a selection:

- Use DVD Shrink preview to listen to each audio stream.
    To change from one to another, simply right-click in the preview window (while a title is being played) and use the "Audio" sub-menu to change stream.

- Look at the original DVD package, as it usually contains information about the audio tracks available.

- Play the DVD and check its audio menus.