1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

different audio streams prevent joining AVI's

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by estevao, Jan 24, 2007.

1. estevao

estevao Member

I face problems in joining AVI's which were generated by ripping with Mediacoder using AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Joiner v4.81 from boilsoft.

I get the following error message:

"The different audio streams have different sampling rates ((10373.00000 vs. 10267.00000 which may cause errors while merging! Do you wish to continue?"

If I opt for yes, it crashes.

I tried using #video coverter (for joining): the result was awfull in video quality.

Any solution?

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well I guess you could use VirtualDubMod to save the audio of both to AC3 (Full Processing Mode-> Save WAV). If the audio is AC3 to start with convert to uncompressed PCM first then you can convert that to AC3 to make the file smaller. There are also other audio filters which may be used to match the streams.

You should then be able to add the new audio, disable the oringinal and merge the segments, using the new audio, into one file (Direct Stream copy).

3. estevao

estevao Member

Thanks for your answer: looks rather cumbersome. I have another software for converting DVD to AVI's which does not raise this problem.