1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different DVD-R Media Brands

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by hurl1323, Jan 3, 2005.

1. hurl1323

hurl1323 Member

I have a JVC XV-523 DVD player and am unable to get Verbatim DVD-R’s to work in this player ( The Verbatim DVR-R’s will work in other players I have tested 6 different players – so I have ruled out the burn procedure). I have played DVD–R media in this JVC player, however I do not recall the brand of media? Does any one know of a website that reviews DVD-R brands and compatibility with DVD Players?

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

This won't lead you straight to the pot of gold you're looking for, but if you haven't already, you should check out the product page for your model of dvd player. google the jvc site, then search around for the JVC XV-523 page. many companys list the information you're looking for on the product pages of their products. its worth a shot while you wait for a better response.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello hurl1323, that link mort gave you can be used. I have proved that it is not accurate.Quite a few players there listed said they would not play -r's or +r's.The different media "high quality" and/or lower burn speed fixed it. That Jvc player you said played other dvd-r's you did before,but didn't know the brand name.

That jvc player does not like those particular type of verbatims,since you get a no disc error instantly. They are made by different manufacturers like Mcc003,mcc002,ricohjpn01 and I have heard reports of c-magnetics-really crappy. You can get the codes for blank media here: htt://dvdinfopro.com

So I take it as you changed to a different lot of blank media when this started.

Try some maxell,fuji,or tdk all in the -4x.
    If you live near a staple's, they have the 15 pack spindle on sale for $5.94 for maxell' 4x.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Ya, I wouldn't consider everything in that link as the gospal but it might point you in the right direction and indicate some media that does perform well with your stand-alone player.