1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

different game - different color...what the...??? Plz Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rayza184, Dec 19, 2004.

1. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

Hey guys. Can any 1 help me out? I've been doing this for a lil while....1st I used memorex dvd+r discs and used alchohol to burn them..Worked like a charm every time. Then I ran out of discs and used some crappy teon discs i found in staples. My Ps2 wouldnt read them. So I purchased some more memorex dvd+r's and came back into the forums and discovered I could use dvd decryptor (which i use for movies anyway)now some games work fine (blue color) and some games give me a green flash then blue and freeze. Some games flash green and work.. What thhe hell could i be doing differently from game to game? im burning at 1x. As the coasters continue to increase (using both alchohol and decryptor) I'm wondering if any 1 would like to buy any really nice flat frizzbees, some round shims (to wedge under things that arent level), or some nice flat and round x-mas ornaments?

2. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

do i need dvd loader?

3. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

The reason most of these games aren't working or are giving you messed up colours is because the media is crap. Dont use no-name media like teon or whatever its called. Stick with good media, for best results use something like verbatim or TDK.

4. gillies

gillies Regular member

what game have you tried to backup?

5. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

I have successfully done need for speed underground 2, ncaa football 2005, max payne 2, getaway, all star baseball 2005, metal of honor rising son, def jam fight for ny, nba live 2005all with memorex dvd+r and alchohol burning at maximun speed. i tried and failed red dead revolver, metal gear solid 3, smackdown vs. raw, lotr third world because of crappy teon discs. those same games did work however with memorex dvd+r and dvd decryptor ay burn speeds of 1x. but i cant get harry potter, ratchet and clank or blood rayne 2 no matter what i try.

6. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I have burned with memorex before but often times they have messed up. I suggest buying just one verbatim dvd-r and burning one of those games just to see if it will work with better media because i believe that is the problem.

7. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Hold on I figured out what the problem is. You need cdloader to play these games. Download cdloader from http://www.swapmagicfix.com

How to use cdloader:

1. insert swap magic dvd version
    2. swap with cdloader
    3. Select the option you need to play the game (ex. 5V3 NO PN) the site will tell you what option to use.
    4. Press eject and put in swap magic again.
    5. When the screen says swap by EA method, swap withj your backup and press X tp play.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  8. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

i have just tried with verbatim dvd+r and still no dice. Im gonna try the cd loader thang and see if that works. But im a lil confused. Dont i need to use the swap magic dvd disc to load a burned disc. I thought the swap magic cd disc was onlt for playstaion games burned on cd-r media. So do i use cd loader or dvd loader or does it even matter?

9. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

You load cdloader with the swap cd version and load dvdloader with the swap dvd version. It doesn't matter which one you use.

10. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

good lookin flex. IT WORKED. You guys kick enormus elephant ass!!! I had my doubts but I am now a believer...now...if only i could sell theese coasters.....hmmmm :)

11. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

No problem man. Glad it worked out for you.