1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

different playstations??

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by meggo, Jan 23, 2005.

1. meggo

meggo Member

i have already installed a fliop tiop cover successfuly so i know what i am doing or so i thought. i tried to install one on another playstation and it had 8 screws and a warning lable so it has to be ver.4-8 right. when i take the cover off there isnt that peice connected to it (the open and power button) there is no grey wire or anything. that peice is already connected to the console. the cover will not fit at all. all the instructions on flip tops show the piece being connected to the cover with that grey flat wire. what should i do.
    thanks

2. dolittle

dolittle Member

if u are referring to the reset/eject button, then it sounds like a v9 ps2 it has a senser in between the switch and ps2. most flip tops fit vers.v4-v11 i just got 2 fliptops,my ps2 is a v7{with ribbin attached to switch} my cuzin bought the other, his ps2 a v9 {no ribbin} both fit great. didnt u check the version first?

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

4. meggo

meggo Member

thanks alot. that is what it is. i thought i did check the version. i thought that if it had 8 screws and a warning lable it was either version 4-7. thanks for the help.