1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different PS2 Models/Versions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by andrewrey, Dec 30, 2004.

1. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

I had the origional Version 1-3 SCHP30003 PS2, and ever since I've started using backuped games - so that I could play NTSC PS2 Games (which come out earlier) before they come over here, I have had problems with the fluency of the game.

On 'every' single RPG I have tried (Which is what I play), there is out of sync sound during fmvs, jittery graphics during them as well, as well as points in which the CD just freezes. I have tried burning as low as 1x on RitekG04 DVDs, but to no avail - it remains this way.

So what I ask is, will buying a newer version of a PS2 cause the DVD-Rs to read better? Bearing in mind my current PS2 is 2-3 years old, 2nd hand.

I have tried a CD/DVD Lens Cleaner, but did little towards solving anything, furthermore I use the Swipe Card and Swap Magic 3.3 method. All games will boot up fine, just running them perfectly is a different matter - burning of which is not the problem.

2. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

Try cleaning the lens of the ps2 with a q-tip and some rubbing alchohol. This will void the ps2 warranty but you shouldnt worry about that with a version1 ps2.