1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different XBOXs?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by biggi, Mar 13, 2005.

1. biggi

biggi Member

My cousin from Canada (I live in Europe) asked me to burn some games for him but I have no experience in this job.
    I have read many threads written on this forum and this is what I understood (correct me if I'm wrong): I download the iso image file from DC++ or from a web location and burn it to a DVD-R disk using Nero or other similar software.
    My question is: since I live in Europe and he lives in Canada would be possible that the DVD will work on an european XBOX and not work on his XBOX? I mean are different versions of XBOX for America and for Europe? Or different versions of games (PAL, SECAM etc.)?
    Please help me to avoid shipping a bunch of games that don't work :).
    Thank you in advance.

2. kenzlee

kenzlee Member

ok i'm gonna give this a shot. ok you're games in europe should PAL and if i'm not mistaken the ones in canada are NTSC like here in the states. if he has an app on his modded xbox that allows him to switch between PAL and NTSC then he may be able to play your burned PAL games on his NTSC xbox. i have not done very much research on this and am not sure if it would work. i use slayers auto-installer 2.6 Final and it allows to switch but i haven't used that feature

3. haloxbox

haloxbox Regular member

dude im Canadina, and the code, yes, is in fact ntsc.

Good luck.` Eh?:)~haloxbox

4. biggi

biggi Member

haloxbox did you ever played PAL games an your XBOX? I mean did you used the app that allows to switch between PAL and NTSC systems?
    Thank you

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I'm in canada also and the way I have my box I have played pal,ntsc and 'unknown'. NO PROBLEMS.