1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

difficulties playing a DVD-R movie

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by luggi2005, Dec 31, 2004.

1. luggi2005

luggi2005 Guest

im trying to play a DVD movie that i burned on a DVD-r. when i insert the dvd in my dvd drive the computer automatically opens it up to view as DATA. I want it to play like an official DVD movie. (you insert and the movie automatically pops up and you can view) but on my dvd-r movie that i burned it opens it to view the files and thats it.(also the dvd-r movie that i burned works on certain home DVD players.) its just not playing on my computer i wanna know like what programs do i need to play this.
    someone please help!

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Do you have a PC DVD player/software? It doesn't come free with Windows (DVD decoder), but usually comes with a burner if you buy it separately. Something like PowerDVD or WinDVD. Try http://www.download.com for a shareware/free player. If you have a player, just right-click on your DVD drive in Windows Explorer, click on Autoplay tab, select DVD movie, and associate it with your DVD player.