1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficulty with Incredible Backup

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Snoopdog, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Snoopdog

Snoopdog Member

Anyone tried and had success yet? Need some help. Tried Vobblanker and DVD-Shrink-only plays the title screen. DVDXCOPY won't work either. Heeeeelp!

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I used shrink and nero to back up disc one and two a week ago without any problems. Are the discs dirty?

3. RRT

RRT Member

Yeah, I had the same problem, attempted with DVD Shrink
    3.2.0.1.5., and system rebooted twice in process of ripping to HD, tried with DVD Xcopy and got a coaster. Going to try on a different system and see what I get.

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

Try ripping with DVD Decrypter then running through Shrink if you are having problems.

5. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Use AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 IT WORKS

6. diesel2u

diesel2u Guest

i know its old but I used dvd x copy and no problems at all. I use dvd decrytor for the movies that are stubborn

7. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I did both discs with DVD Decrypter and then used NERO Recode to compress and burn. Not one problem.

8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

AnyDVD in the background, and Main movie only, not the other angle versions or audio other then English, and used Recode2. The Movie was at 70% of its normal size after compression. Usually most movies have very little or no compression at all this way.

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

There were no special protections on this movie other than the ones disney's always used. So just about any ripping program should easily be able to back this up. The only thing I could think of as being the problem is the disc itself. I have come across a lot of disney movies over the last 3 years that have given me problems. When I first came across this problem, I figured what the hell and exchanged it for another copy. This time when I tried with the new copy I was able to back it up no problem. I have had around 6 discs with this problem(5 were disney movies) and when I exchanged them my problem was solved. Don't know if this is the reason some people find it imposible to rip this movie. Try exchanging it, it's worth a try. Do the bottom of the discs have some discoloring in a wave(sloppy press)?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  10. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I also had no issues on this disk. No special protections are ok it as others have said. It should be a standard rip

11. Snoopdog

Snoopdog Member

Thanks for the help. Will try Shrink and Nero. Probably is the disk. Have had trouble with Disney before. Still looks like some kind of tricks going on.

12. Snoopdog

Snoopdog Member

Thanks to all of you that followed this thread and offered help. Especially Wolfniggr. You had the best take on the situation. I exchanged my original disc for another and BAMMM! It came through like cupcakes. The Rip was with DVD Encrypter. Next was DVD Shrink with Nero at the helm of the burn. It was beautiful. I look forward in future to your insightful contributions.

13. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Glad it worked out.

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Huuuummm,)

I've noticed more and more, so many of the recent new releases have had some bad factory discs.

Is it me OR has anyone else noticed this too ?

15. wild77

wild77 Guest

Maybe they found a way to keep us from backing up our movies with [bold]poor quality[/bold] LOL!

It might just be the best encryption they can use.

16. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You are absolutely right. I mean as long as it plays in a dvd player, what do they care if someone isn't able to rip it.

Last resort before exchanging is to try and rip it with decrypter at 1x. Worth a try.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Pete, I've run into 4 movies now with bad pressings. Seems to be getting more common. First one won't copy, exchange it and it goes right through.

Jerry

18. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Its there new encyption. Bad Dvd's lol.

19. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yea, its starting to get to be too regular. I lost 4 hours the first time it happened to me thinking my new updates on the software wasn't working. Turned out to be a bad original, brand new straight out of the box. It played great, but wouldn't copy.

Jerry

20. wild77

wild77 Guest

Let's hope Hollywood don't find out! lmao

Who would of thought it would be so easy for them.