1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digital camcorder help

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by russ39, Jan 7, 2008.

1. russ39

russ39 Member

My wife has directed me to get a digital camcorder.

I have tried 3 different standard def hard drive camcorders all set at the highest setting. When I burn the dvd it looks good on a regular tv but very pixelated around the edges on a high def tv or on a computer LCD. IT was the same for all of the camcorders. I also took the dvds to future shop and played them on a blue ray dvd player that up converted them still no luck it seems to me that SD camcorders are destined to look poor on HD tv?

With regards to HD camcorder if I buy one of these will I be able to put the video on regulard DVD and if so will it look just as bad as athe SD camcorder on a high def TV?

Would a mini dv tape give me better quality on the hd tv than the hard drive camcorder?

Please hlp

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I use a miniDV Sony, but it isn't high def. From some of the posts from folks who have purchased hi def video cameras, it appears that they aren't quite ready for prime time.

I should add that I have not seen the output from any of them. SD works for me, because I don't have a high def television.

3. talltrees

talltrees Guest

Yes try Sony they are good at camcorders.